The prospect of an interview fills most people with dread. There are many books and web sites that will help a candidate write a CV and suggest how to “answer difficult interview questions” but that alone will not get you the job you want. The interview process is all about human interaction, the skills needed are far better demonstrated face to face rather than just read. There is also the benefit of being able to ask questions.
Simply having a degree and a smart outfit is not enough.
Candidates have around 40 minutes to demonstrate that they should be asked to the next stage or indeed offered the position. There are numerous opportunities to shine and even more chances to slip up.
Drawing on years of experience we can tailor a package to suit an individual or a group. Whether this is your first plunge into the mysterious world of interviews or you have been here before we can assure you there is a lot to learn and a lot we can help you with.
You only get one chance to make a first impression
Some of the areas covered
- How to make a great first impression
- Effective planning and preparation
- What to wear
- Avoiding the ”banana skins”
- Useful tips on overcoming nerves
- What questions to ask and what not to ask
- What to expect from the various interview formats
- How to follow up after the interview
- Agreeing the right package
- Preparing for day one